Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Featured in an Online Magazine Yall!!!!

Blogging for me is about accountability and making connections. Little did I know that my friend from school and soror (ZETA PHI BETA SORORITY INC) *shameless plug* would be following me on Instagram (Where I post a lot of pics related to the never ending weight loss journey) and ask me to write a story for her online magazine called ImBettah.


Logo
 
The magazine is all about empowerment and foward thinking. From their About section: Informed, Marketable, Black, Educated, Talented, Trendy, Aware & Healthy. IM BETTAH is an online magazine intended to provide you with a new experience and vision of the Black community. This will not be your average media platform. We share knowledge on issues that affect our daily lives.
 
I say check them out folks! Anyway back to the feature, she wanted me to share my journey thus far and how I got started. so many times people including me have started to lose weight and give up for whatever reason/ yu know the reasons, slow results, laziness, lack of comittment any ole reason will do. So of course I was flattered and said yes.
 
I have shared parts of my story on the blog and you can read that  here when I did the biggest Loser link up... someone needs to do another one... hmmm.. anyway. My story was featrured and would love if you all would go check it out and like it tweet it or whatever I would be soooo appreciative!!!
 
Oh and one more bit of a news. As a result of this feature and my wellness wednesday posts I will be writing mental health related pieces for the publication monthly!!! Im totally excited about branching out. This will give me the opportunity to share my life's work with the massess!!!





3 comments:

  1. Hi LaToy! Great blog, I am going to checkout Im bettah. Just visiting from the weekly MDWW Hop, I hang out there most Wednesdays, love meeting and building new relationships. I already follow you but I am gonna check to see if it is anywhere that I missed! May you be blessed as you finish up the week and roll into the weekend!
    Living F.A.B.ulously on Purpose

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congrats!!! I will have to head over and check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome LaToya! Just hopped over and gonna read around more. :)

    Four more days left in the May giveaway; A new blog design!Our Journey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...