Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wellness Wednesday- Self Love- Guest Post

Hello! For today's installment of Wellness Wednesday I have a guest post. Often times people who are not in relationships start to feel some type of way so this is a post about self love, and giving your self butterflies!!!

Hey readers of Kismet and Kilograms I am Alexandria Walker from Hughes, AR and I blog over at Almost Unfiltered at 30. I've been running for about four years now. I'm currently in the process of becoming a certified running coach! What I plan to do with this certification is still in the planning stages but it will be awesome! I will run my first marathon in 2015... My first time announcing that! Running is my sanity! When I'm tired I run. Stressed! I run! Upset! I run. Running is my go to... Favorite running quote: "Want to change your body, exercise. Want to change your life, run!"

Displaying IMG_1324.JPG

Self-Love…Do you get butterflies from your reflection?

For many of us, love has different meanings but the ultimate concept is the same.  Someone that makes you feel good by caring for you in many ways i.e. emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually.  Have you ever met someone, fallen in love and the mere sight of them give you butterflies?  Now, have you ever looked in the mirror, fallen in love, and the mere sight of YOU gives you butterflies.  My point is it is easy for us to love others but we often have a hard time loving ourselves.  When I say love I mean truly loving ourselves.  Taking time out to make ourselves feel good, look good, and caring for us emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.
When I look in the mirror I really get butterflies.  I know the girl that I used to be and the woman that I’ve become.  Let’s take a moment to focus on physical care.  Taking time out to care of your physical being is very important in self-love.  I tell my family and friends that healthy friends are fun friends.  I don’t mean it to be condescending so let me elaborate.  How much fun can you have with your family and friends if they plagued with ailments.  This hurts! That hurts! I feel like this or that! It is our responsibility to take care of ourselves.  Be in the best shape for you… My go to physical activity is running.  Running helped me to get to loving myself… Truly loving myself.  I was the skinniest out of shape person ever.  Now, I’m in the best shape.  When I see my reflection in the mirror now I get butterflies just the way I get butterflies when I see him.  I want the best for me just like I want the best for him.  The best for me means taking care of me.  Loving me.  
My love for running will not be the next person’s love.  Find what physical activity that you enjoy and do it.  Be physically fit… Get butterflies when you see your reflection in the mirror.  Physical characteristics are not enough alone to make us love ourselves but it is a great place to start.  Make a commitment to yourself, family and friends to love yourself enough to work hard at becoming healthier through physical activity.

If you want to connect with me more you can find me in the Facebook group I AM HER (women only sorry fellas), on Instagram, or on Twitter.

Displaying IMG_2142.JPG


2 comments:

  1. I love this approach to self-love! I recently started taking a cardio and sculpt class. While it is at the gym with my hubby, he does his thing with weights, and I get to enjoy a class with my gym buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun! Thanks for reading. I too have gotten back into a gym routine and I LOVE IT!!! It gives me time when no one is calling my name and its all about me!!! How are you enjoying the sculpt class? Is it a lot of weight training or more body weights?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...