Friday, January 17, 2014

The Day Before...

I already posted some really fun photos but I wanted to be sure to capture a lot of how I really felt about the whole wedding thing. Hind sight is 20/20 right?  So today's post probably should have come before I reintroduced myself but eh oh well LOL...

No one tells you how stressed, tired, happy excited, and EVERYTHING else you will be the day before your wedding. In my mind I was going to show up, tell people what I wanted and then go and get my nails and toes done with my bridesmaids have rehearsal dinner and sleep. I secretly wanted a slumber party with my girls but that among other things didn't happen.

I had this fairy tale of events like a spa day with my sister, or people treating me like a princess for the day all pictured in my mind... blah... my family was having none of that. It seemed the more I expressed what I wanted on MY day the more people rebelled and called me a bridezilla. I'm sure it sounds selfish but it was MY day I was supposed to get a selfish pass right???

Lets see where to start we lost like three groomsmen a week before the wedding, one actually dropped the day before the wedding. The decor was not what I wanted I asked for tulle going down the isle and the lady my mother insisted on hiring used some fabric that resembled fake spider webs going down the isle...

I was late for EVERYTHING this day as I had to rely on others to get me where I needed to be because my husband and I drove one car to wedding city and he had other plans. I had 8 bridesmaids, 2 junior bridesmaid, and 3 flower girls. My husband had 5 groomsmen (we had a couple ppl fill in and their suits didn't match the tuxs).

The rehearsal was a HOT MESS. We forgot the music, half of the party wasn't there. We had hostess practicing with groomsmen... literally a hot mess. My friend Meyoshia (remember her from the bridal shower) came through and used her phone placing it next to a microphone so that there was some  music for this rehearsal.... I was stressed, and sad, my hubby was mad. We argued and I honestly didn't know what the next day was going to be like.

I would just like to say that as little girls we are brainwashed into these Disney fantasies and they just are not realistic. No matter how meticulous you are in planning the wedding or how much money you spend, when you hand over control people screw up! I don't think they do it intentionally but it just happens. I was blessed because I have amazing friends who stepped up and handled things but almost nothing aside from the I do's went according to plan.

Ok enough woe is me I will save that for a later post detailing what I learned from this whole experience.... On a positive side my wedding was amazing because my friends and family showed up. My wedding was spectacular because I married my best friend, and my daughter looked great... and I will leave you with some random pics I found in my phone...

 
 
 
 
 
Me before things started spiraling out of control

My boo thang!!! She was ride or die just like we discussed

My mom
My great aunt


I finally did get my pedicure, but it was rushed

My new beautiful niece

Me by the end of the night
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...