Friday, July 12, 2013

5 things you need to know when planning a wedding!!!!!!

If you have been reading my blog for any length of time you know I am getting married and doing all the planning myself. #STRESSFUL!!!! My mom told me that I cause most of my stress.She said "this is all this new school stuff... you want to much from people." Maybe it is true and I am the reason people do not return calls or emails. Or maybe it is my fault that the number listed to the bakery and DJ online is actually disconnected. I'm sure that's all me. 


SO I decided to write this post to help those who are recently engaged or hey pin it and read it when you get engaged. The facts!!!! 5 things I learned/wish someone had told me when I got engaged.

1. Those that say ooohhh I'm happy for you may not be as happy as they seem. Really consider who this person is in your life. I had some people who said this and later because they did not get engaged when they thought they should (before me) became bitter and passive aggressive. I'm not sure why we as women have this innate feeling of competition with other women, but that's a post for another day 

2. Take some time to enjoy being engaged BEFORE posting it on social media, and calling your friends. I promise they will be just as happy a few hours later. My poor fiance, after posting it I got non stop texts and calls and really kinda just ignored him because I was caught up.

3. Don't ask your wedding party until a little while in. Things change and so do attitudes. Its sad that women can't just be happy for each other but its a never ending competition. It is like a card game and in single women circles marriage is the big joker. Sometimes people can not handle losing. Keep the wedding party small. I have 8 bridesmaids and 2 Jr Bridesmaids. It is a lot of people to keep up with. Some people prefer text others want emails... it can be a lot to manage.



4. Learn to say NO!!!!!! People will come out of the wood work with "hey I love u and I know I'm in the wedding" "Send me an invite I want to be there."  Do not feel pressured to invite EVERYONE. Invite those who mean something to you and whose presence you will actually miss....Saying no also means managing your mother. (Oh so its just my mom who is a momezilla #shrug). Mom says order a band for 3000 bucks when you really want a dj because you wanna hear "back that ass up" by juvenile and that just does not sound good on a violin you have to say NO MOM.


5. STAY IN YOUR BUDGET!!!!! Sure you want the glitz the glam the bling (just me again??) but you still have to live after all this is said and done. Pinterest will have you broke!!! While I am an avid pinner, look at the DIY boards, or get the ideas and scale it down to fit your budget. You do not want to start your new life in debt or arguing about money!


Hope this helps...it helped me to vent so there may be more of these post LOL!!!! Thanks for reading!!!!



8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The tip about enjoying your engagement before posting about it on social media is a gem. Folks are tacky enough to actually ask if they're on the guest list. Sir. Ma'am, I haven't talked to you since 2000...lol. I'm actually discussing weddings on my blog www.be-quoted.com today as well. Feel free to stop by! ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes honey ppl do the most when they know your getting married. Thanks for stopping by. I loved your wedding post. I should have eloped. Lol

      Delete
  2. Girl, I'm loving this post! I'm in the early stages of my wedding planning, and I already feel a bit stressed! I have learned to do what is best for me and my fiance'. Others feel the need to chime in but not offer any funds for their suggestions. I've learned it's our budget, our finances, and our day.You have me dying over here at the 'back that azz up' at your wedding, because I want that played at mine too...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaas my mom was talking ice sculptures and I'm like that's not in MY budget lol. Keep that attitude and remember its about the two of you.... lol I love that song!!!! Its a must!!!! Even though its super old when I hear it I'm instantly crunk!!!!! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!
    I love weddings :)
    I have to agree that women need to empower other women, not compete with them! We are all women...let's get along!
    And I love DIY projects especially for weddings! It def. helps save $$!!
    I also agree with enjoying your engagement before putting it on social media.
    The night my hubs proposed to me, my sister wanted to put it on FB like an hour later and I was like no! But we did...and the texts/calls were overwhelming!! I just wanted to sit there and enjoy the moment!

    Happy Wedding Planning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading... once gh ed news hits social media its like BOOM open flood gates!!! I remember thinking geesh will the calls txts and messages end so I can hold his hand lol

      Delete
  4. These are some great tips! I'm not engaged or anything, but I do notice all the shade a female may get when she's the first in her crew to get married. Ladies.. Ugh, we must do better! But thank you for sharing all these tips. Definitely will continue following along to see how your journey to planning your own wedding turns out!

    Laura
    http://TheNativeNewYawker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl AMEN!!! Whats ad is those are the same females who cant wait to be by your side and encourage foolishness (or least in my experience)... Thanks for reading!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...