Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Guest Post from Veronica!!!!!

Hey everyone!!! As you know Im super busy so I have left my blog in the very capable hands of my bloggy bestie Ms. V. She is super amazing and like most of us she is on that weight loss journey!!!

 
 
Hi everyone. My name is Veronica. I reside at V Watts Thoughts  My bloggy bff, Toya, invited me to do a guest post and I was all too excited to do so. If you all have followed Toya for a while, the last time I did a guest post I spoke about my spiraling downward journey through bulimia and my upturn to recovery.
Today, I’d like to talk about getting out of the “FAT GIRL FUNK”. You know what I’m talking about. It’s that mentality that you look too fat, you feel too fat, the 5lbs you lost is a drop in the bucket compared to how much you have to lose, the “oh, I’ve already eaten a candy bar today might as well chunk the rest of the day out and eat like a pig”. 
A lot of us have been there and maybe still are there. I know that for me it has been a difficult journey to get out of that mind set. As I sit here and type this blog I am a full size 16 weighing 184lbs. I can honestly tell you that I feel better about myself today than I EVERRRR EVER EVA had felt about myself when I was 138lbs during the bulimia. See, the thing is that you can reach your goals of weight loss or size or activity level but if you don’t ditch the fat girl funk then you will never be happy with any of it. I’ve been through this vicious cycle of wanting to lose weight, losing some weight, but it’s not enough so I get angry and disappointed with myself so I say screw it and I gain it all back.
It wasn’t until I learned to be positive about myself, love myself for reasons other than my weight, and give over my health (efforts) to the Lord that I began to see real results. To date, I’ve lost 36lbs. I’ve gotten back into running and I feel on top of the world. I’ve been actively trying to get healthy for the last 8 months. This is huge for me because right around 3 months ago I would have rode a rollercoaster of TRY-fail-TRY-fail and hate every moment of it. What I have discovered while losing weight this time around is that in being less stringent and critical of myself I’ve seen that it has made this process a much more pleasant one. I learned to forgive myself for “mistakes” I made with my nutrition. When I quite the nagging and self-shaming it stopped me from continuing the binge cycle.
When you focus on your mistakes you tend to continue on that path of self destruction. I also truly try to celebrate every little improvement I make. Did I lose a pound in a week? AWESOME!!! No, it wasn’t as fan-flippin-tastic as losing 5 or 10lbs but it is progress and I feel like I should acknowledge that. When I began to celebrate my little successes they no longer seemed little to me. There is a saying, “fake it til you make”. I faked being as excited about pants that were a smidge less tight until I began to really appreciate that they weren’t tight anymore. As I said I am sitting here at 184lbs and feeling fabulous about myself. Yes, I’d love to lose more weight and be in better shape but I know that will come with time. I’ve got to love the me I am now before I think I love any form of my future self.
Let go of the past, look towards the future, be kind to yourself, and get outta that fat girl funk!




6 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Attitude is everything, and my girl V has just the right kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to be 175 lbs or so and I'm now btwn 140 and 145 and I lost all that in almost 2 yrs. By not eating junk food, by doing more things around the house instead of sitting in front of the tv and watchin tv all day. and not eating fried foods much. Eating more grilled and baked foods and eating more veggies and fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! I lost 158 pounds and have kept it off for 15 years. I totally know what you are talking about - it is about living life, enjoying life, and working on staying healthy at the same time. Positive thoughts reign around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guest Post I wish more writers of this sort of substance would take the time you did to explore and compose so well. I am exceptionally awed with your vision and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...