Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wellness Wednesday- Self Love- Link Up

Today I am linking up with The Real Texas Housewife  and the rest of the Just Us Girls for a Valentines Day love post.

Just Us Girls Valentine's Day Linkup Badge

Since it also happens to be Wednesday and I'm trying desperately to stick to a schedule today we will talk about SELF LOVE. I am a firm believer that you cannot truly love someone else or accept their love if you do not love yourself.

So what is self love? Self love goes beyond being satisfied with the image in the mirror although that is a part of it. It includes accepting yourself flaws and all. Knowing that you will make mistakes but pushing forward and continuing this journey of life anyway. It means understanding you will never be perfect because no one is and not even Beyonce and Oprah have it all together all the time. If that definition is too vague let me give you some things to practice in order to increase your self love.

1. Learn to say NO. No one can do it all. If you already have plans or are feeling stretched to thin, say no. It is perfectly ok to focus on you and not take on "just one more thing."

2. Find the positive. Life will throw you curve ball after curve ball, and give you lemons when you have been begging for oranges. You have to learn to roll with life. Maybe you secretly are allergic to oranges and the universe is trying to help you out. So take the lemons and make lemonade. Or if you are like me make a mimosa with the lemonade!

3.Know that it is ok not to be ok. Sometimes you have a bad day. That is perfectly normal. Life will not go EXACTLY how you want it all the time. There is nothing wrong with having a bad day. The problem is turning that bad day into a bad life. You must learn to move on from past mistakes, failures, and heartbreak.

4. Focus on what you do have. Often we look at the life of celebrities or even our more well to do friends and we get dare I say it...jealous. We start to question our own lives and wonder why we are unable to take those trips, have that job, get married, wear those clothes, make money from our blogs, or whatever it is. When really having it all is a myth. You don't see the work they put into their marriage or the sleepless nights creating blog post. While you may not be living the fanciest life I am sure you are blessed in many ways. The most valuable things in life are the people you have in your life and the love you have for your loved ones.

I'm no fool I know material things are great and I would love to take a trip to somewhere tropical twice a year but that is just not the life I have right now. So since I want that life I have to love me enough to go after it. If you don't like it change it!

Image from Google

What do you do for self care? How do you take care of yourself?



3 comments:

  1. These are some great tips, Toya! Especially #3. Point taken....love yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobbie thanks for reading! Yes in think this time of year especialy many ppl are too focused on loving others when we need to ALWAYS remember to love ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this take on self love! I especially like the learning to say 'no'. That can be really hard for me sometimes....especially with church family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...