Monday, April 8, 2013

Wedding To Do List


 
 
Hello ladies here is a little wedding update. I have been a total slacker since I put together my binder LOL. I was thinking ok I’m organized so its cool. Then I thought maybe I’m ahead of the game. I have never fully planned a wedding so hell I was just winging it from the list I have collected.  SOOOO I browsed the internet and went to my go to girl for wedding planning. She was nice enough to email little ole me her to do list. I will be honest she is doing waaaay more than I am (I wanted to say dang girl what is your budget but that’s a bit ummm well less than tactful  LOL) but her list is great! I took a bunch of things off and adjusted it to what Im actually doing you can go to her cite for the full list.  Let me check my actual progress

Set a date

Book a venue

Book photographer

Book videographer (ONLY if it is in the budget)

Book DJ

Ask bridal party to be in wedding

Create wedding website (working on that currently)

Book florist (found one need to put the deposit down for it to be official)

Buy wedding dress (not even looking until June I have soooo much more weight to lose)

Lose 70 pounds (I’m down about 25)

Select bridesmaid dresses

 Select and order groom & groomsmen attire (that’s on the Mr.)

Book cake baker

Buy cake knife and server (am I doing this?)

Order save the dates

Finalize guest list

Antique cake stand

Cake topper

Ring pillow

Order save the dates- these are picked just not ordered

Send save the dates

Order guest book (my photographer is making this with our engagement pictures)

Reserve hotel room blocks

MOB & MOH & MTOH dress shopping

Find wedding shoes

Choose wedding jewelry

Find garter

Clutch for bride

Something old

Something new- the dress counts right?

Something borrowed

Something blue

6 pence- (what’s this?)

Make day-of emergency kit

Going away outfit (maybe)

Book makeup artist and hair stylist

Wedding favors- candy bar only if its in the budget

Getting ready outfit for bride and bridesmaids

Menu tasting

Cake tasting

Hair and makeup trial

Dress fitting (HA I don’t even have a dress)

Order invitations (get custom artwork finished)

Send invitations

Bridal party gifts

Purchase wedding bands

Put together picture list for photographer- this is done I just need to send it to her

Get marriage license- will do that after we complete counseling

Book transportation for wedding party (this is for the Mr.)

Welcome bags- not sure we are doing this any ideas to make it budget friendly????

Gift for Groom

Music selection for band and for ceremony (In progress)

Playlists for cocktail hour and rehearsal dinner

Book wedding night hotel room- I think this is in my package???

Order thank you notes

Tips and thank you notes for vendors

GET MARRIED!!

 

Ceremony:

 
Book musician

Book church

Pre-marital counseling (In progress)

Programs

 

Reception:

Book caterer (included at the hotel)

Order rentals (may not need any)- I think I only need white table cloths

Decorations for bride and groom’s chairs- my designer is doing this

Cocktail music etc

Flip flops or nice flats

 

Rehearsal Dinner: (Well I have to decide if we are doing this, it may not be in the budget)

Book venue

Rehearsal dinner music

Rehearsal dinner décor/flowers/cups

Rehearsal dinner caterer

Rehearsal dinner rentals

Order invitations

Send invitations

 

Excetra:

Bachelorette party- this is for the MOH and the Matron of honor

Bachelor party- not sure

Bridal showers- my girls will handle this

Book honeymoon- this is for the Mr.

Honeymoon shopping- waiting for the proverbial weight loss

 Hostess gift for all my showers- Waiting to see how many I have

 
Now  looking at this list, I had better get busy. I left some comments next to things and if you have any advice, websites, or tricks to save money and keep it fabulous PLEASE by all means let a girl know!!! Something’s are waiting for other things like no save the dates until the engagement pics are done. So it seems that I have made some progress but still have a bit to do.  I will keep you guys updated….READY SET GO!!!!!






6 comments:

  1. Oh girl! There are so many things to do to get a wedding ready. I hope you have some help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back hun. That looks like a long list. and I'm getting stressed out for ya just looking at it. Better you than me. I hope it goes well. Wish I could help ya in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding Planning!!! I remember that stress but it can be fun too! Lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! A lot of things on that list! I'm sure you will get it all done soon though! At least you have a list and know what you need to do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite a comprehensive list! Looking at it is making my head hurt, lol! Enjoy the planning, it will be here before you know it. My only advice as I have yet to actually get married, planned a couple of weddings though ROTFL, make sure you spend money on only what is important to you and not to the masses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...